CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Kwik Lok has been producing a product that most of us have depended on our entire lives – the clip that closes your produce and loaves of bread to keep it fresh! Kwik Lok is an innovation and engineering organization focused on sustainability. We are in the business of “hacking the package” – innovating clever advantages in packaging to get food to the table faster, fresher, and safer while reducing waste. Kwik Lok is a 3rd generation, family-owned company headquartered in Yakima, WA with 8 offices and 6 plants worldwide. We are a mid-size company delivering our product to almost 100 countries.
We know that people are looking for jobs that are a better fit in their lives right now. Here are a few pieces of information that might help you decide whether Kwik Lok is a good fit for you:
- Inclusive culture: Kwik Lok is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion to increase the success of our employees and customers. We want every person to feel part of the team! Our team members come from a variety of backgrounds and we see value in learning from each other’s different perspectives.
- Innovation: Our goal is to create an environment where employees can be curious and express ideas to identify new and better solutions. We want every employee to be engaged in improving our workplace and work processes. Innovation isn't just for engineers!
- Meaningful work: We know that every job has things you'll love doing and things you'll love less. Our goal is to engage our employees in our vision for the company and provide them with meaningful work where they can learn, grow, and be part of solutions that improve the lives of our customers and their communities while protecting the health of our planet. No matter what your job entails, we want you to know that what you do makes a difference.
- Impacting the community and environment: Kwik Lok takes corporate social responsibility seriously, and we appreciate that our position in the industry gives us the ability to help do good in so many areas. We are committed to providing educational and economic opportunity, improving well-being, fostering innovation, and protecting the planet. You can read our most recent Sustainability Report on our website.
- Work-life balance: At Kwik Lok, we know that in order for you to be your best at work, you need time to recharge as well. Whenever possible, we offer flexibility in start/stop times and even opportunities for remote work. We want you energized at work, and when the day is done we want you to go home and enjoy your personal life!
As a Customer Service Representative (CSR) you will act as a liaison, provide product/services information, answer questions, and resolve any emerging problems that our customer accounts might face with accuracy and efficiency. The position will also provide internal support to Regional Sales Managers and Assembly Technicians by communicating customer needs and updating information in the ERP system. This position supports Kwik Lok production activities through the manufacture of Kwik Lok closures with a focus on continuing improvement of quality, food safety, and manufacturing processes.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
- Assist customers and distributors with quotes and/or orders in both English and Spanish
- Support Regional Sales Managers by providing Lok samples and quotes; pricing and parts availability; and advisory services for machine sales
- Support Assembly Technicians by assisting with customer technical support services and documentation, and service scheduling
- Enter and manage orders in the ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics NAV)
- Use problem solving techniques to assist customers and distributors with inquiries and complaints
- Initiate and process Return Material Authorizations and credits
- Facilitate collection, storage, and distribution of bag closure samples as requested
- 2 years of experience in a customer service role
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Basic understanding of mechanics of machines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and background screening
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to speak English and Spanish a plus
- Excited about providing amazing customer service and advocating for customers
- Conveys friendly and patient atmosphere both in person and over phone
- Advanced communication and listening skills
- Experienced in resolving conflicts and concerns
- Confident in troubleshooting and investigating to resolve issues
- Interested in understanding how Kwik Lok machines operate
- Able to work reliably and successfully in a deadline-driven environment
- Organized and detail-oriented, detecting inconsistencies in data and work with minimal supervision
- Able to work both independently and in collaboration with others
- Interested in innovating processes and products
- Seeks and accepts feedback for personal development
ALL THE DETAILS…
- Pay commensurate with experience: $23.12 - 25.23 per hour
- Schedule: Monday through Friday 7:00am to 3:30pm
- Insurance Benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life and Disability Insurance plans (60 day waiting period)
- Retirement Benefits:
401K Plan with company match (90 day waiting period - restrictions apply)
- Paid Time Off:
(90 day waiting period, prorated for first year)
- Vacation: 80 hours a year, with increases based on years of service
- Holidays: 58 hours a year (7 days): New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the Friday following, and Christmas Day
- Sick Leave: 40 hours a year, accrued at 1 hour per 40 hours worked for hourly employees, salary employees prorated for first year
- Other Compensation: Employees may be eligible for annual performance bonuses
- Location: Yakima, WA with remote/hybrid work schedule options available
- Work environment:
Office environment in a manufacturing facility. Occasionally bends, squats, reaches, kneels, and may lift up to 15 lbs. on occasion. Constantly seeing, hearing, talking.
To learn more about Kwik Lok, visit www.kwiklok.com.
Kwik Lok is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We value a diverse workforce and provides equal opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, genetic information, or status as a veteran. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To view labor compliance information, click here.