Extruder / Grinder Operator
Kwik Lok has been producing a product that most of us have depended on our entire lives – the clip that closes your produce and loaves of bread to keep it fresh! Kwik Lok is an innovation and engineering organization focused on sustainability. We are in the business of “hacking the package” – innovating clever advantages in packaging to get food to the table faster, fresher, and safer while reducing waste. Kwik Lok is a 3rd generation, family-owned company headquartered in Yakima, WA with 8 offices and 6 plants worldwide. We are a mid-size company delivering our product to almost 100 countries.
We know that people are looking for jobs that are a better fit in their lives right now. Here are a few pieces of information that might help you decide whether Kwik Lok is a good fit for you:
- Inclusive culture: Kwik Lok is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion to increase the success of our employees and customers. We want every person to feel part of the team! Our team members come from a variety of backgrounds, and we see value in learning from each other’s different perspectives.
- Innovation: Our goal is to create an environment where employees can be curious and express ideas to identify new and better solutions. We want every employee to be engaged in improving our workplace and work processes. Innovation isn't just for engineers!
- Meaningful work: We know that every job has things you'll love doing and things you'll love less. Our goal is to engage our employees in our vision for the company and provide them with meaningful work where they can learn, grow, and be part of solutions that improve the lives of our customers and their communities while protecting the health of our planet. No matter what your job entails, we want you to know that what you do makes a difference.
- Impacting the community and environment: Kwik Lok takes corporate social responsibility seriously, and we appreciate that our position in the industry gives us the ability to help do good in so many areas. We are committed to providing educational and economic opportunity, improving well-being, fostering innovation, and protecting the planet. You can read our most recent Sustainability Report on our website.
- Work-life balance: At Kwik Lok, we know that in order for you to be your best at work, you need time to recharge as well. Whenever possible, we offer flexibility in start/stop times and even opportunities for remote work. We want you energized at work, and when the day is done, we want you to go home and enjoy your personal life!
This position supports Kwik Lok production activities through the manufacture of master rolls of polystyrene for production of Kwik Lok closures. This position upholds the Kwik Lok Corporation philosophies through dedication to continuing improvement of quality, food safety, integrity, and hard work. This is an hourly, non-exempt position and reports directly to the Production Manager.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
- Safely operate extrusion equipment in the manufacturing of plastic Master Rolls.
- Maintain extrusion production schedule to support slitting operations and Die Cut production orders/schedule needs
- Ensure the quality of product through constant monitoring, regarding color, thickness of material and free of any defects.
- Assist with operating granulator, recycling production and extrusion waste into regrind material for use in extrusion.
- Monitor regrind to be mixed at a rate per company specifications.
- Enter resin and colorant batch/lot number into ERP system to be applied to master rolls, providing traceability of product throughout the entire manufacturing process.
- Clean assigned work area daily to ensure clean work environment.
- Follow all company established food safety and quality guidelines and procedures.
- Performs additional functions as needed/assigned for the good of the organization.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs
- Noise Level in office 10 dB, 85-95 dB in production
- Regularly bends, squats, reaches, kneels, sits, stands, and walks
- Constantly hearing, seeing, and talking
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Self-motivated individual, who adopts an innovative approach to their work
- Takes ownership of position and displays great work ethic
- Is a team player who works well with co-workers and is able to take direction from management
ALL THE DETAILS…
- Starting wage: $18.00 to $38.00 an hour dependent on experience
- Insurance: Major medical, dental, vision and prescription plan after 60 days
- Retirement: 401K plan available after 90 days
- Paid Time Off: Paid holidays and paid sick days after 90 days
- Schedule: Monday - Friday 3:00PM - 11:00PM
- Location: 1222 Ryan Road, New Haven, IN, 46774
To learn more about Kwik Lok, visit www.kwiklok.com.
Kwik Lok is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We value a diverse workforce and provides equal opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, genetic information, or status as a veteran. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To view labor compliance information, click here.