Kwik Lok has been producing a product that most of us have depended on our entire lives – the clip that closes your produce and loaves of bread to keep it fresh! Kwik Lok is an innovation and engineering organization focused on sustainability. We are in the business of “hacking the package” – innovating clever advantages in packaging to get food to the table faster, fresher, and safer while reducing waste. Kwik Lok is a 3rd generation, family-owned company headquartered in Yakima, WA with 8 offices and 6 plants worldwide. We are a mid-size company delivering our product to almost 100 countries.
We know that people are looking for jobs that are a better fit in their lives right now. Here are a few pieces of information that might help you decide whether Kwik Lok is a good fit for you:
- Inclusive culture: Kwik Lok is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion to increase the success of our employees and customers. We want every person to feel part of the team! Our team members come from a variety of backgrounds, and we see value in learning from each other’s different perspectives.
- Innovation: Our goal is to create an environment where employees can be curious and express ideas to identify new and better solutions. We want every employee to be engaged in improving our workplace and work processes. Innovation isn't just for engineers!
- Meaningful work: We know that every job has things you'll love doing and things you'll love less. Our goal is to engage our employees in our vision for the company and provide them with meaningful work where they can learn, grow, and be part of solutions that improve the lives of our customers and their communities while protecting the health of our planet. No matter what your job entails, we want you to know that what you do makes a difference.
- Impacting the community and environment: Kwik Lok takes corporate social responsibility seriously, and we appreciate that our position in the industry gives us the ability to help do good in so many areas. We are committed to providing educational and economic opportunity, improving well-being, fostering innovation, and protecting the planet. You can read our most recent Sustainability Report on our website.
- Work-life balance: At Kwik Lok, we know that in order for you to be your best at work, you need time to recharge as well. Whenever possible, we offer flexibility in start/stop times and even opportunities for remote work. We want you energized at work, and when the day is done we want you to go home and enjoy your personal life!
This position wears many hats to administratively support our Kwik Lok Canada location. In this role, you will provide general finance and administrative support, and deliver excellent service to our customers.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
- Prepares, processes, and maintains accounts receivables and annual reporting
- Ensures efficient, timely and accurate records for the company
- Maintains accurate accounts in both Excel and accounting software
- Analyzes accounts and retrieves documentation from multiple systems
- Assists with month-end close. Ensures accounts receivables is in balance, records AR after cut-off and other necessary functions.
- Works with the Accounting Manager to ensure accurate coding of expenses and or assets
- Processes a high volume of invoices, with great attention to detail and accuracy
- Reconciles and resolves customer accounts and reviews any discrepancies
- Monitors customer accounts for non-payments or delayed payments, collects past due customer invoices
- Processes, researches and collects payments
- Applications of receipts to appropriate account/invoice
- Accesses online customer portals to submit invoices
- Prepares and completes internal accounts receivables quarterly audits, and assists with annual audit preparation
- Posts to the company general ledger via 10-key and alphanumeric data entry
- Provides internal support to Regional Sales Managers and Assembly Technicians:
- enters and manages orders, communicates customer needs and updates information in the ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics NAV)
- provides RSMs with Lok samples and quotes; pricing and parts availability; and advisory services for machine sales
- assists Assembly Technicians with customer technical support services, documentation
- Assists customers and distributors with quotes and/or orders
- Answers customer questions, and provides product and service information
- Resolves any emerging problems that our customer accounts might face with accuracy and efficiency
- Uses problem solving techniques to assist customers and distributors with inquiries and complaints
- Initiates and processes Return Material Authorizations and credits
- Facilitates collection, storage, and distribution of bag closure samples as requested
GENERAL ADMINSTRATIVE DUTIES
- Assists and provides backup for the accounting team, is cross trained to provide backup and support to other departments as needed
- Performs routine filing, scanning, copying and other office duties as needed.
- Moves quickly and efficiently while maintaining customer service-oriented communication to internal and external partners of the company
- Receives and responds to telephone, email, fax and mail inquiries in a timely manner
- Complies with Kwik Lok’s Global Food Safety program. Ensures visitors follow protocols.
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Experience: one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products- strong Word and Excel skills required
- ERP experience required (Microsoft Navision experience preferred)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the Canada without sponsorship
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- The ability to speak either French and/or Spanish in addition to English is a plus
- Must be organized, detailed orientated, have the ability to detect inconsistencies in data
- Ability to work reliably and successfully in a deadline-driven environment
- Self-driven, with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Can work both independently and in collaboration with others
- Advanced communication skills (listening, written, and verbal)
- Conveys friendly and patient atmosphere both in person and over phone
- Excited about providing amazing customer service and advocating for customers
- Experienced in resolving conflicts and concerns
- Confident in troubleshooting and investigating to resolve issues
- Approaches work with an innovative spirit, continually seeking to improve
- Seeks and accepts feedback for personal development
- Experience with customs and shipping protocols and procedures
ALL THE DETAILS…
- Salary commensurate with experience: $52,204.00 - 54,853.00/year
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, and Life Insurance plans (after probation period)
- RRSP plan available with a potential 50% match as apart of profit sharing after 1 year of service.
- Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Location: Cambridge, Ontario
- Work conditions: Office environment in a manufacturing facility. Regularly sitting and/or standing at a computer. Constantly hearing, seeing, and talking.
To learn more about Kwik Lok, visit www.kwiklok.com.
Kwik Lok is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We value a diverse workforce and provides equal opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, genetic information, or status as a veteran. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.