PART TIME SERVICE ENGINEER ASSISTANT
Kwik Lok has been producing a product that most of us have depended on our entire lives – the clip that closes your produce and loaves of bread to keep it fresh! Kwik Lok is an innovation and engineering organization focused on sustainability. We are in the business of “hacking the package” – innovating clever advantages in packaging to get food to the table faster, fresher, and safer while reducing waste. Kwik Lok is a 3rd generation, family-owned company headquartered in Yakima, WA with 8 offices and 6 plants worldwide. We are a mid-size company delivering our product to almost 100 countries.
We know that people are looking for jobs that are a better fit in their lives right now. Here are a few pieces of information that might help you decide whether Kwik Lok is a good fit for you:
- Inclusive culture: Kwik Lok is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion to increase the success of our employees and customers. We want every person to feel part of the team! Our team members come from a variety of backgrounds, and we see value in learning from each other’s different perspectives.
- Innovation: Our goal is to create an environment where employees can be curious and express ideas to identify new and better solutions. We want every employee to be engaged in improving our workplace and work processes. Innovation isn't just for engineers!
- Meaningful work: We know that every job has things you'll love doing and things you'll love less. Our goal is to engage our employees in our vision for the company and provide them with meaningful work where they can learn, grow, and be part of solutions that improve the lives of our customers and their communities while protecting the health of our planet. No matter what your job entails, we want you to know that what you do makes a difference.
- Impacting the community and environment: Kwik Lok takes corporate social responsibility seriously, and we appreciate that our position in the industry gives us the ability to help do good in so many areas. We are committed to providing educational and economic opportunity, improving well-being, fostering innovation, and protecting the planet. You can read our most recent Sustainability Report on our website.
- Work-life balance: At Kwik Lok, we know that in order for you to be your best at work, you need time to recharge as well. Whenever possible, we offer flexibility in start/stop times and even opportunities for remote work. We want you energized at work, and when the day is done we want you to go home and enjoy your personal life!
The part-time Service Engineer Assistant will play a pivotal role on the Service Engineering Team by assisting in the completion of projects and tasks ranging from basic assembly to controls integration, electrical troubleshooting, and performing engineering tests of new prototyped parts.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Read and interpret manufacturing drawings for machine assembly and part modification
- Gather and organize parts from parts list to prepare for assembly
- Assist in machine assembly, fabrication, and rebuilds
- Disassemble legacy equipment for rework and rebuilds
- Assist with engineering projects and testing to improve productivity in production and new product development
- Assist Production maintenance in routing maintenance duties as required
- Assist in diagnosing malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a malfunction and help correct the problem
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components
- Assist with cataloging and organization of parts and equipment for assigned projects and tasks
- Maintain clean and safe work environment
- Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed and followed
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee
- Education requirements: Currently enrolled in either an apprenticeship program, or college or university with coursework in Engineering, Automation, Production, Instrumentation, or a related field.
- Knowledge & Skills required: Use of basic hand tools
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and background screening
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship, or possess a current F-1 visa and be enrolled in a Curricular Practical Training (CPT) program.
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Approaches work with an innovative spirit, constantly focused on continual improvement
- Enjoys troubleshooting, problem-solving and thinking analytically
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively across functional lines, and work independently
- Possesses advanced communication skills (writing, listening, verbal), able to communicate and work closely with highly technical personnel
- Highly organized individual who can manage multiple tasks
- Pays strong attention to detail
ALL THE DETAILS…
- Pay commensurate with experience: $18.00-$21.00/hour (if working under an apprenticeship program, Kwik Lok will work within your apprenticeship program’s pay scale)
- Schedule: Part-time (20 hours a week time commitment, schedule is flexible)
- Work location: Yakima, Washington
- Work conditions: Must be able to lift up to 40lbs. Regularly sitting, standing, crouching. Constantly hearing, seeing, and talking.
To learn more about Kwik Lok, visit www.kwiklok.com.
Kwik Lok is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We value a diverse workforce and provides equal opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, genetic information, or status as a veteran. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To view labor compliance information, click here.