BUSINESS PROCESSES INTERN
Kwik Lok has been producing a product that most of us have depended on our entire lives – the clip that closes your produce and loaves of bread to keep it fresh! Kwik Lok is an innovation and engineering organization focused on sustainability. We are in the business of “hacking the package” – innovating clever advantages in packaging to get food to the table faster, fresher, and safer while reducing waste. Kwik Lok is a 3rd generation, family-owned company headquartered in Yakima, WA with 8 offices and 6 plants worldwide. We are a mid-size company delivering our product to almost 100 countries.
We know that people are looking for jobs that are a better fit in their lives right now. Here are a few pieces of information that might help you decide whether Kwik Lok is a good fit for you:
- Inclusive culture: Kwik Lok is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion to increase the success of our employees and customers. We want every person to feel part of the team! Our team members come from a variety of backgrounds, and we see value in learning from each other’s different perspectives.
- Innovation: Our goal is to create an environment where employees can be curious and express ideas to identify new and better solutions. We want every employee to be engaged in improving our workplace and work processes. Innovation isn't just for engineers!
- Meaningful work: We know that every job has things you'll love doing and things you'll love less. Our goal is to engage our employees in our vision for the company and provide them with meaningful work where they can learn, grow, and be part of solutions that improve the lives of our customers and their communities while protecting the health of our planet. No matter what your job entails, we want you to know that what you do makes a difference.
- Impacting the community and environment: Kwik Lok takes corporate social responsibility seriously, and we appreciate that our position in the industry gives us the ability to help do good in so many areas. We are committed to providing educational and economic opportunity, improving well-being, fostering innovation, and protecting the planet. You can read our most recent Sustainability Report on our website.
- Work-life balance: At Kwik Lok, we know that in order for you to be your best at work, you need time to recharge as well. Whenever possible, we offer flexibility in start/stop times and even opportunities for remote work. We want you energized at work, and when the day is done we want you to go home and enjoy your personal life!
The Business Processes Intern position is critical to the success of our business systems and organizational efficiency by working to document Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) within the company, identify opportunities for improvement, and assist with preparation for the selection of a new ERP system. This position upholds the Kwik Lok Corporation philosophies with dedication to continuous improvement in food safety, quality, and integrity.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
- Meet with stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand, identify, and document current operating procedures and workflows
- Clarify department objectives, assisting each department in creating and finalizing SOPs
- Contribute to the implementation planning for a new ERP system
- May assist departments in areas of expertise related to current degree program
- Basic understanding of business processes (SOPs, ERPs, workflows, data driven decision making, etc.)
- Education: Currently enrolled in bachelor's degree or master’s degree program
- Knowledge required: Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background screening
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Strong attention to detail: Ability to capture all necessary information accurately.
- Strong communication skills: Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with departments and stakeholders to gather information and understand their processes.
- Analytical thinking: Ability to analyze complex processes and identify the key steps and procedures involved.
- Time management: Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Organizational skills: Ability to organize and categorize information in a clear and concise manner.
- Adaptability: Ability to work in a flexible environment with direction that may change as project progresses.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as collaborate effectively with team members and stakeholders.
ALL THE DETAILS…
- Compensation: $18.00 - $21.00 per hour
- Schedule: 40 hours per week, schedule determined based on assigned department
- Insurance Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life and Disability Insurance plans (60 day waiting period)
- Retirement Benefits: 401K Plan with company match (90 day waiting period - restrictions apply)
- Paid Time Off: (90 day waiting period, prorated for first year)
- Vacation: 80 hours a year
- Holidays: 58 hours a year (7 days): New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the Friday following, and Christmas Day
- Sick Leave: 40 hours a year, accrued at 1 hour per 40 hours worked for hourly employees, salary employees prorated for first year
- Location: Yakima, Washington. Remote work possible on occasion.
- Work environment: Office environment in a manufacturing facility. Occasionally bends, squats, reaches, kneels, and may lift up to 10 lbs. on occasion. Constantly seeing, hearing, talking.
To learn more about Kwik Lok, visit www.kwiklok.com.
Kwik Lok is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We value a diverse workforce and provides equal opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, genetic information, or status as a veteran. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To view labor compliance information, click here.