Kwik Lok has been producing a product that most of us have depended on our entire lives – the clip that closes your produce and loaves of bread to keep it fresh! Kwik Lok is an innovation and engineering organization focused on sustainability. We are in the business of “hacking the package” – innovating clever advantages in packaging to get food to the table faster, fresher, and safer while reducing waste. Kwik Lok is a 3rd generation, family-owned company headquartered in Yakima, WA with 8 offices and 6 plants worldwide. We are a mid-size company delivering our product to almost 100 countries.
We know that people are looking for jobs that are a better fit in their lives right now. Here are a few pieces of information that might help you decide whether Kwik Lok is a good fit for you:
- Inclusive culture: Kwik Lok is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion to increase the success of our employees and customers. We want every person to feel part of the team! Our team members come from a variety of backgrounds, and we see value in learning from each other’s different perspectives.
- Innovation: Our goal is to create an environment where employees can be curious and express ideas to identify new and better solutions. We want every employee to be engaged in improving our workplace and work processes. Innovation isn't just for engineers!
- Meaningful work: We know that every job has things you'll love doing and things you'll love less. Our goal is to engage our employees in our vision for the company and provide them with meaningful work where they can learn, grow, and be part of solutions that improve the lives of our customers and their communities while protecting the health of our planet. No matter what your job entails, we want you to know that what you do makes a difference.
- Impacting the community and environment: Kwik Lok takes corporate social responsibility seriously, and we appreciate that our position in the industry gives us the ability to help do good in so many areas. We are committed to providing educational and economic opportunity, improving well-being, fostering innovation, and protecting the planet. You can read our most recent Sustainability Report on our website.
- Work-life balance: At Kwik Lok, we know that in order for you to be your best at work, you need time to recharge as well. Whenever possible, we offer flexibility in schedules and start/stop times. We want you energized at work, and when the day is done we want you to go home and enjoy your personal life!
This position supports Kwik Lok production activities by keeping our production machinery running smoothly! This is a great job for someone who likes to troubleshoot and fix problems.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
- Set up production machines to manufacture the correct lok/label series and opening size per the job order specification and production schedule
- Run samples of product to confirm proper setup of tooling – inspect for proper pitch, gauge, lok series, color, opening size, and quality
- Perform preventive maintenance on production equipment per the preventive maintenance schedule
- Perform corrective maintenance as requested per work orders and/or need
- Assist production operation with machine adjustments for quality
- Maintain production maintenance tool room and all maintenance work surfaces in a clean and safe manner
- Follow all company established food safety and quality guidelines and procedures
- Previous mechanical, maintenance, or automotive repair experience
- Must have a strong background in electrical troubleshooting and reading electrical blueprints
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a production manufacturing setting; experience with extrusion preferred
- Must pass a pre-employment background and drug screening
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Preferred: Instrumentation, machinery, or automotive certifications
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Good work ethic
- Team player who works well with co-workers and is able to take direction from management
- Strives for continual improvement and recommends innovative solutions
- Seeks and accepts feedback for personal development
ALL THE DETAILS…
- Salary range: $19.00/hour to $25.33/hour, or commensurate with experience
- Benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage (60 day waiting period), 401k match (90 day waiting period – restrictions may apply)
- Schedule: Monday –Thursday 4:00pm - 2:30am
- Location: New Haven, IN
- Environment: Manufacturing facility – noise level 85-95 dB, lifting to 40 lbs., intermittent physical activity
To learn more about Kwik Lok, visit www.kwiklok.com.
Kwik Lok is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We value a diverse workforce and provides equal opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, genetic information, or status as a veteran. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To view labor compliance information, click here.